Monday, April 7, 2014

Ruby Blanket



<!-- Please call pinit.js only once per page -->



Oh my Lord I just started and finished this blanket today while my sweet hubby and daughter were ill....that means lots of crafting for mommy. I have been meaning to make baby Ruby a blanket since she was born a couple of months ago and I was indecisive about what fabric to use. The mother, like myself when I had a girl, didn't want to go overboard on the pink. I sifted through my stash of wonderful fabric and found this gem of fabric, which I forgot I had purchased when I found out I was pregnant in case I had a girl. I LOVE the vintage look of it and I am now very upset that I am giving this away as it is the most favorite blanket that I have made to date. So on that note I hope that little Ruby loves it as much as I do.

I bought the fabric at Joann's. The front is the snuggle flannel and the back is the soft and fluffy light yellow fabric. Stuff I had in my stash so I couldn't tell you the prices but usually I can pick up the snuggle flannel for $2.99 a yard and the soft and fluffy for $7 a yard with lots of scraps left over for other projects. The pink flannel I just had in my scrap pile and I couldn't resist adding a little pink to Ruby's blanket! I sewed the letters on with a yellow embroidery thread and tied with a sweet pink bow and this gift is ready to go after about 2 hours of work putting it together!

This is a sneak peak of another big project that I am working on for my soon to be born son Blake and my husband's best friend is expecting a boy the same week named Thomas. Unfortunately Thomas will be born in Brazil but fortunately his dad will be here for a wedding shortly after so he can truck it on back to sweet Thomas. Yes it is another puff quilt but this time VERY boy. That is my daughter posing with all of the pillows as she likes to call them. Yes there are 2 baskets, a wooden bucked and a bag full of pillows for these 2 quilts, I feel like I am done making pillows for now! Now to put them together we will see how much time my family is going to give me today to just craft, I could only be so lucky huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment