Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jodi Picoult - The Storyteller




Oh man I just got done reading this book and all I can say is WOW. Being the type of student that I was, which was great most of the time, one of the subjects that I hated the most was history. Then I married my husband and all he watches and reads about is anything regarding history, who would have thought?!?! Anyways I have read several of Jodi Picoult's books, the first one I read being Nineteen Minutes. Nineteen Minutes quickly because a favorite of mine but every since then I haven't really found a Picoult book that has done that for me since (granted I haven't read them all). That is until now. I love this book, despite it having a lot of history in it. I guess I had always heard about Auschwitz but never really was that interested in reading too much into it. The stories that Picoult tells are truly saddening and amazing at the same time. It terrifies me that people actually lived in places like these and lived through it. I often times had tears in my eyes while reading into the wee hours of the night in bed or on my lunch break at work but in the end I can truly say that it taught me more than anything I retained in a history class. I highly recommend this book and that doesn't come lightly because any book that I pick up nowadays has to be great since I so rarely have time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment