Friday, January 17, 2014

Puff Quilt




In an attempt to get organized this new year I have started a new blog and revised what all I would put in it. My last blog I talked A LOT about my child and looking back I'm thinking that I want that to be more private than I was initially thinking. So in attempt at a fresh look I will focus this blog mainly on all things I love. Crafting, reading, kids and decorating! That doesn't mean I won't throw in some surprises here and there like some fun recipes or maybe a family photo but I will try to focus it on things that people actually want to read about...so let me know if I get side tracked! Also I am almost always willing to make whatever I blog about for readers to buy. Message me if you have any special requests, I am a busy momma but can usually get things done fairly quickly!

I have a lot of crafts that I have to catch up on so my blog will soon be full of fun things to look at but the first craft that I am going to show you is my puff quilt!
Sweet Kora with her puff quilt
The finished project, should learn to take pictures before I give it as a gift!
 
I am fairly new to quilting and I decided to give this pattern by Honey Bear Lane a go for a baby gift. It was a super easy pattern to read and not to difficult to actually put together. Needless to say the baby is one year old and she got it this last Christmas rather than when she was born. Sorry but not a fast quilt to do with a toddler in the house that wants to "play with the pillows!" In the end it ended up being by far my most favorite quilt I have made to date and I immediately contemplated not giving it to sweet Kora and keeping it for myself. In the end I did give in and I hope she loves it as much as I do, however I have had a request from my 2 year old daughter Riley that she "really liked that blanket and would like me to make her one." So I guess I will soon make my trip to the fabric store to pick colors for my Riley girl's very own puff quilt!

So if anyone wants to buy one of these gems let me know, I would rather do it in bulk than one at a time and I should be starting Riley's soon, special requests are always welcome and usually feasible!

No comments:

Post a Comment